Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It is hard to sum up my year as Miss Thousand Islands.  I have met so many amazing people who have touched my life forever.

Shelby, you have made my year so memorable and have held my hand every step of the way.  We are two of the most headstrong human beings on the planet and although a strange combination at first, I believe that we were simply unstoppable.  Thank you for always pushing me further than I thought I could go but never asking me for more than I could give.  I love you more than Tory Burch.

Gary and Sue, I have said it once but I will say it again,  you are like another set of parents to me.  Never have I felt more comfortable in someone else's home as I do in yours.  Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you.  For always being understanding of my needs and having a pageant story to make me smile.  I love you guys so much.

Joelle, my teen, my little sister, you are wonderful.  Thank you for always having a kind word to say.  You are SO beyond your years.  When my days were dark you brought them back into the light.  I have never met a 13 year old quite like you.  I am so blessed to have had you by my side this year.  I love you to the moon and back.


There are so many more people that I could thank but I will just leave you with what I have learned this year.  If I could take anything away from this year, just one thing, it would be the concept of putting things in perspective.  I have struggled for the past few years with anxiety, to the point that the littlest things would overwhelm me.  After working with Stella, my favorite miracle child, I realized that I need to appreciate every single day and take things one step at a time.

I am so grateful to everyone who made this year the best of my life, although I know there are many more to come after I get to marry my best friend, you all gave me the confidence to go in the direction of my dreams.  Words cannot explain my deep gratitude.  I am so excited for what my future has in store.  I will continue looking ahead, only because I know you will always be behind me.

So much love,

Miss Thousand Islands 2013

Lonna McCary

No comments:

Post a Comment