Thursday, August 8, 2013

Miss Central New York

This past weekend I had the honor of co-emceeing the first Miss New York 2014 local pageant with Miss New York herself, Nina Davuluri.  It was so fun getting to stand on the other side of things for once.  A lot easier to laugh at myself when I messed up, that's for sure! 

The day started off with rehearsals...

Look how stressed we are!

Then we had a wonderful dinner, full of lots of healthy choices (with the option of bread, I opted in) and great conversation with formers and current titleholders.  I am always so happy going to these pageants because you get to have a first look at what is going to be seen at Miss New York this year, and what could be more exciting than that?!?

Then it was time to get ready...

 

There were so many amazing girls but in the end, Courtney Sheridan walked away with the title of Miss Central NY 2014.  Congrats girl!!  I met Courtney last year at Miss NY and was so pleased to see her come back.  What a genuine, talented, and intelligent young woman.  She just so happens to have the same platform as me which is awesome.  I know that Teen Dating Violence is not alway the easiest topic to talk about and I am so proud of you.  Good luck sister!  You will be wonderful.  And congratulations to Amy and Corrie for a successful year at your first local!


I had such a blast, not only hosting but getting to spend some extra quality time with Nina.

With her only having one month to prepare for Miss America, I doubted I would even get return texts from this pretty lady.  Here I am though, on her couch for the second weekend in a row.  I have always loved Nina since the moment I saw her compete at Miss Greater Rochester, but the love has continued to grow ever since.  The more I learn about her, the more I respect her and feel so blessed to not only know her but call her my friend.  You will be absolutely amazing, I can't wait to see you work it in Atlantic City!

On that note,  I think it is time for us beauty queens to hit the hay!  Tomorrow is a big day.  My very last appearance as Miss TI (well, besides my appearance at Miss TI) and it will be a Children's Miracle Network hospital visit in Watertown.  With CMN being one of my favorite parts of this year, I couldn't think of a better way to end my year.  I hope I see you all at the Miss Thousand Islands pageant this weekend, as I retire my crown and say goodbye to my MAO family.  As one door closes, another opens....

No comments:

Post a Comment